LearnPsychiatry.org is an educational resource for residents, fellows, and attending physicians studying to become Board-certified psychiatrists. The purpose of this collaboration is to develop content that is clinically useful and helpful for the PRITE and Boards preparation.
This is a collaborative project of learnpsychiatry.org brought to you by physicians of Elmhurst Hospital, South Oaks, and Northwell Health hospitals. Read more about the project here.
- Understanding of trauma and the diagnosis PTSD had been updated in the DSM-5 and in the corresponding article.
- All you need to know about atomoxetine, including the results of a comprehensive meta-analysis.
- DSM-5 changes to diagnosing substance use disorders are confusing. See a visual summary of changes to the criteria here.
- Cooper-Simpson Test helps start lithium therapy faster on an inpatient unit. Did you know that the test can be used in children?
- DSM-5 permits the diagnosis of separation anxiety disorder in adults. The article had been updated with the evidence for that inclusion.
These articles are nearly complete! Please read them and use them in your clinical duties and test preparation.
Featured Brief Reports
These articles are limited in scope but nevertheless cover important areas of psychiatry.
Help write these articles
Tips on editing
When editing, please include only information that can be considered evidence-based medicine. When creating new articles, please include a category at the end of your article, so that our wiki remains organized. For example, add this text: [[Category:Content]] to the article you are writing. It will add the article to the general "Content" category. You can browse the category here.
We barely got started here!